Thursday, April 23, 2009

For the want of a shoe

Shoes are the hot topic for conversation these days. It started with an Iraqi journalist throwing a shoe at the former President of America, George Bush. The Indian political scene has had its share of shoe throwing antics as well. Reebok garnered tremendous publicity after the actions of Turban wearing journalist, Jarnail Singh. These ‘top stories’ provide an unending source of entertainment to viewers all over the world. I am glad that these ‘publicity seekers’ never threw a shoe made by CAT. Trust me when I tell you, CAT shoes are built to suit all environments.
A woman has to have a minimum of 15 pairs of shoes in her closet. 15 pairs! But then again footwear for the average woman comes at an approximate price of Rs150. They do not visit the Nike’s and Puma’s of the world as frequently as guys do.
I also wonder whether M.F. Hussein has a grudge against the shoe manufacturing industry. The controversial painter never wears any form of footwear to travel.
Guys tend to want big feet. As legend holds the size of a man’s foot is directly proportionate to the size of his… ahem! P.S.: The wrestler ‘Khali’ wears a size 22 boot. That is more than double my shoe size!
It can’t be double. I have to go home and check…
Shoes are very close to my heart. I still can’t get around to throwing away my very first pair. Look at the multipurpose nature of shoes. It can be used as memorabilia, a style statement, a weapon, a storage device and most importantly… as footwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment