Tuesday, April 21, 2009

To wear or not to wear...

I ask for forgiveness if I get into a preachy tone in this post. I must admit, I am a staunch supporter of helmets. Wearing one while riding a 2 wheeler is a must for me.
I remember the time when the 'compulsory helmet' rule was imposed in Bangalore. Endless debates followed between me and my friends over that ruling.
The one question I ask any opponent of helmets is whether they are Lord Ganesha. I am sure that if we lose our head while riding, we are not going to be ‘fortunate’ enough to gain a new one. Although a donkey's head would be the perfect fit for helmetless riders.
I have seen lots of people carry helmets on their elbows while riding. Why carry one in the first place??? Ask any professional biker and they will tell you that the helmet is essential to the bike as it is to the rider. Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands…

No comments:

Post a Comment