Thursday, April 16, 2009

One coffee please!

I had read in some magazine that ‘a morning without coffee is like sleep’. I am South Indian (a proud one) and I love my filter coffee beyond anything else. Coffee is the most consumed beverage across the world. My guess is that people like the high that caffeine provides. The high notwithstanding, I can’t remember a seed that sold for $600 a pound. Yes, you heard me right. The world’s most expensive coffee bean is worth that much. And believe it or not, it is sh**! Literally. These coffee beans are derived for the droppings of an animal called the luwak (civet). I am not making this sh** up (pun intended). I applaud the man who had the brainwave to look through an animal's dung. I wonder if he was looking for gold.
But in all seriousness coffee has surpassed alcohol as the world's best conversation starter. The explosion of café outlets across the globe is unquestionable. These coffee chains have millions of people coming in and going out every single day. I am undoubtedly part of this ‘chain gang’. And I am sure you are too. If you aren’t I urge you, be a coffee drinking individual- Espresso yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment